How to change a flight date on alaska airlines
Alaska Airlines have all the policies related to the cancellation, rescheduling, and refund from the airlines for the process to be easy for the passengers. The airlines prioritize the comfort and safety of the passenger. They wish to make the process easy for them if they wish to change their flight due to unavoidable circumstances or a change in their plans before explaining the flight change process. Let's understand the flight change policy of the airlines. The policy related to flight change policy is as follows:
Alaska Airlines date change policy
- As per the 24-hour policy, if the passenger made any changes in the flight date within 24 hours of the reservations. In that case, the passenger is eligible to make any change in their flight without paying any charge. Provided the reservation was made at least seven days before the flight departure.
- If the change were made after 24 hours of the scheduled flight booking or within seven days of scheduled flight departure. In that case, passengers must pay the charges for making the changes to their scheduled flight.
- If the passenger changes in flight due to their medical condition or the ill-health of any close relatives. In that case, the airlines provide their exemption from the charges required for the flight change. However, the passenger needs to mention the reason for the cancellation of their flight ticket.
- If there is a significant delay of three hours in the flight departure, in that case, any changes made by the passenger in their flight will be exempt from any charges.
- If the rebooked flight costs more than the original flight for the passengers, they must pay the difference between the booked and original flights.
- If you make the change in your flight on the same day of departure, you can do it before the check-in of your scheduled flight, and it will charge up to $50 as per flight availability.
The process of making changes in the flight date with Alaska Airlines
- Get into the official website of Alaska Airlines and look for the 'Manage Booking' option.
- After which, you'll be asked to mention your flight ticket's last name and PNR number.
- Click on the 'Manage Booking' tab to proceed further, and once getting into the available flight page, you need to check whether you are available to make the flight change or not.
- Click on the option of 'Change' if applicable on your flight booking, after which you are required to fill in the details mentioning the details and the date and time you want to reschedule your flight.
- You may also have to mention the reason for making the changes to your flight ticket.
- Once all the details are submitted, follow the on-screen process to pay flight change charges (if applicable) and the difference between the original and rebooked flight ticket, if any.
- Once the Alaska flight date change is completed, you will receive the new e-ticket of your flight on the registered email address.
- The passengers can make the changes in their flight tickets at the time of check-in at the airport at the check-in counter.
- It may cost them a high amount than usual if they proceed with the flight change date a few hours before the scheduled departure of the airlines.
- You can also call the customer care number and request to change the flight date with the airline's agent, and they will complete the process for you.
For any other help, you can visit the help and support page on the official website for the airlines.