Guide to EVA Airlines Pet Policy
At EVA Air, passengers are permitted to carry their pets, for example, dogs, cats, and rabbits, with cargo compartments as checked baggage. However, if you plan to travel with your pets, you must follow a specific set of policies determined below; for your reference, note that EVA Air pet policy is nominal for pet transportation. However, there are times when passengers can bring their pets inside the cabins of EVA Air.
Quick points to consider for EVA Air pet policies:
- As per the pet policy of EVA Air, passengers will have to submit all the essential certificates to the team.
- Moreover, you also have to provide specific medical certifications for your pets to the airlines for proper accessibility for carrying your pets.
- The pet you carry along on your travel should not be annoying because if it is considered annoying, you are not allowed to carry it within the cabin as it may hurt someone in-flight.
- Lastly, if you carry your pet within the cabin, then you must use a carrier to keep the pet safe in flight.
Therefore, these are some of the policies you must consider while planning to travel with your pet. Although, if you need more subtle information for Checked Baggage Pet Policy, then in that case also, you are supposed to use the following section points for your reference.
- According to the checked baggage pet policy, if you carry too large a pet onboard or if the flight is very long, then automatically EVA Air will transport your pet in the cargo section of the aircraft as per guidelines.
- The pets allowed are cats, dogs, and rabbits over 10 weeks of age. Note birds are not allowed/transported at EVA Air.
- In addition, there are a few destinations on which pets aren't permitted to fly as checked baggage: Australia, the United Kingdom, or Hong Kong.
- As per the checked baggage pet terms and conditions, if you want to fly with your pets, then you are suggested to make a reservation for the pet, and it should be made no more than 24 hours after booking your ticket.
- Note, if you need to travel with your pet, then according to the policy, you must contact EVA Air customer service representative to inform them in advance of your travel; along with this, fill out 2 copies of a form and present the forms at the check-in gate.
- Moreover, per the policy, comparable size should be, for example, at most two adult animals weighing around 14 kg/31 lbs. The size of the crate must be 3 times the width of the largest animal for the safety and comfort of pets.
- EVA Air does not allow the transport of pets within the cabin, with the exception of service and emotional support along with medical certification
- Before the scheduled flight departure of EVA Air, customers should contact the team minimum of 48 hours for assistance.
- The owners of emotional support dogs have to submit the following details within 48 hours before departure;
- Letter from licensed mental health professional on letterhead within 12 months
- Further information regarding the physician's license (type, state of jurisdiction, and expiration)
- Emotional support dogs should be over four months of age and all well-behaved.
Read Also: -
How do I get a hold of EVA Air?
Get Free Seat Selection on EVA Air?
How to Get a Refund from Eva Air?
What is EVA Air cancellation policy?
How to talk to a Person at EVA Air?