Southwest Airlines Cancellation and Refund Policy
At Southwest Airlines, passengers will be getting all types of services and features. They will get comfortableness and luxuriousness with limited but accurate services and facilities on board. At the same time, you travel on long routes with this airline. However, there is some sort of emergency where passengers have to choose the cancellation of a flight ticket and get a refund against their canceled itinerary. You will have to go through both cancellations and refund policies of Southwest Airlines, and later on, you must go through the date change process.
Points on Cancellation Policy of Southwest Airlines:
First and foremost, here in this section, you will have Southwest Airlines cancellation policy points in your reference, which you must read for once as you will have entirely accurate guidance for the cancellation policies.
- Firstly, passengers are allowed to cancel their flight ticket if they have bought a ticket via the website only
- As per Southwest airlines cancellation policy which states that all domestic flights require cancellation 5 hours before the departure, and for international airline tickets, it requires at least 8 hours before the departure
- Moreover, this airline cancellation policy points out that if the passenger wants to cancel a ticket within 24 hours of purchase, then they will get full refunds
- For all non-refundable tickets cancellation policy implies that the cancellation fee is charged once the ticket is booked from the official website.
When following all of the aforementioned suggestions, you can easily access a refund from Southwest Airlines. Otherwise, you can contact the Southwest Airlines service at.
How do I contact customer service for Southwest Airlines?
Contact Us - Southwest Airlines - Reservations and Baggage:-
- General Customer Service. 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792)
- Baggage - General Questions. 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792)
- Rapid Rewards Customer Service. 1-800-445-5764.
- Public Relations & Media Relations. 214-792-4847 (toll number)
Refund Policy of Southwest Airlines:
- Initial point for Southwest Airlines refund policy states if passengers have booked a flight ticket with the help of rapid reward point, then they will get refunded within their royalty account only
- Or, in case you have booked a flight ticket by cash mode, then it will either refund back you to your original payment mode, or they will convert your refunds into a Southwest travel fund which is depended upon the fare type you chose
- Moreover, for non-refundable tickets refund policy, states that if you cancel the ticket within 24 hours of booking, you then receive a complete refund back to the original form of payment mode, or instead of that, it will get converted into travel funds
- Finally, if you cancel a refundable ticket after 24 hours of purchase, you can also cancel it and get refunds after some amount of deduction.
However, if you now need to know about the process against Southwest flight date change, it is pretty straightforward and painless to do, so you will have to go through the following steps.
- First, you can go to the official website of Southwest Airlines and click on the login button
- Here, you need to enter login credentials like username and password
- Go to manage to book and here enter the booking reference number and last name of the passenger
- Select the change flight option and their select date tab and select the new date with calendar help
- Now, be sure to pay the difference in fare to ensure you have enough time to change your flight
- Once you pay the difference of the fare with the new date
- In the end, you receive a confirmation text or email from Southwest Airlines.